Have you carried out your fire risk assessment?
Fire safety, including both the prevention and detection of fire is incredibly important, there are no second chances. If you run a business or organisation by law you have to appoint a Responsible Person for Fire Safety. You could get fined and/or go to prison if you don’t follow fire safety regulations.
But that doesn’t apply to me does it?
YES IT DOES!!!
You need to delegate a competent person to be responsible for fire safety if you are:
- An employer or self-employed
- In charge of premises used by members of the public
- Offering accommodation to paying guests
- A charity or voluntary organisation
- Using any part of your home for business purposes (including Hotels and B & B’s)
- The owner or landlord of a block of flats/apartments in England and Wales
So who and what is classed as a competent or responsible person?
It is usually the business owner or the highest level of manager at the business location (office manager / MD etc) who is deemed as the responsible person, this can be delegated to another employee if required. For HMO properties it is generally the landlord who is deemed to be responsible.
If you require assistance with your fire risk assessment or would like more information on how to protect your property with a wired or wireless fire alarm system then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Fire alarm installers in Somerset